- MY ACCOUNT
T-Box® – Things you need to know
In order to get a T-Box, Telstra customers:
- Must have an eligible BigPond® Broadband service and be connected to the modem via an Ethernet or WiFi connection. Telstra recommends an Ethernet connection for best experience. Where the use of an Ethernet connection is not possible we recommend the use of a Home Network Extender (Powerline or Ruckus).
- Need to pass our service qualification checks. These checks can be performed by our customer service staff in store or by calling 1800 004 461.
- You need to be in a digital TV reception area. For more information see www.digitalready.gov.au
- Need to have a registered BigPond Movies account. To access BigPond Internet TV channels, BigPond Movies and TV shows on demand, BigPond videos on Demand and YouTube, you will need to complete the Movies activation process to access BigPond Movies. Simply log in with your BigPond Broadband username and password, provide a valid Australian credit card for age verification purposes and choose your billing method. BigPond Internet Channel Streaming and downloading is unmetered for BigPond Broadband members.
Foxtel on T-Box
In order to get Foxtel on T-Box:
- Telstra customers need an activated T-Box
- customers need to check their Foxtel on T-Box Eligibility online. Foxtel on T-Box Eligibility checks can also be performed by our customer service staff in store or by calling 1800 004 461
- Foxtel on T-Box Service is available in selected areas
- Telstra customers must have a 13 digit account number and a BigPond Turbo® Cable, Velocity or BigPond ADSL2+ plan greater than 5GB
- customers must pass a Service Qualification check and their TV and premises must meet minimum requirements.
- the T-Box must be connected to the modem via an Ethernet connection. Telstra recommends an Ethernet connection for the best experience. Where the use of an Ethernet connection is not possible we recommend the use of a Home Network Extender (Powerline or Ruckus)
- customers need to ensure that your BigPond Broadband plan suits your needs, based on your household's Internet usage.
- if the speed of your BigPond Broadband service has been slowed because you have exceeded your BigPond plan's monthly usage allowance, the Foxtel on T-Box and any other Internet based services on T-Box will not work until the start of the next billing cycle
- customers can subscribe for as little as one month and change your packages once per billing cycle to suit your needs. Eligible customers can subscribe or unsubscribe online at: telstra.com/tboxsetup
- Foxtel on T-Box makes it easy with no fixed term Foxtel contracts and no termination charges when you cancel your service.
- Customers will not be able to record, pause, rewind Foxtel on T-Box channels
- The viewing experience of your Foxtel on T-Box channels are subject to some broadband network conditions. The conditions you need to note include:
- speed of the Internet connection. The quality of Foxtel on T-Box streaming is dependent on the speed of your Internet connection which may change based on time of the day or other Internet usage occurring. If there are multiple devices (such as gaming consoles, file downloading, etc.) using your Internet connection the Internet connectivity to your T-Box may be impacted resulting in a poor viewing experience.
- whilst Foxtel on T-Box is unmetered, if your BigPond Broadband service has been slowed because you have exceeded your monthly usage allowance, speeds will be slowed for all usage and any Internet based services on the T-Box will no longer work, including Foxtel on T-Box.
- Unavailable Programs – the Foxtel on T-Box service may be required to black out specific programming, from time to time. This is because Foxtel may not have the legal right to broadcast the program over the internet. For a full selection of programs that will be blacked out please visit http://www.foxtel.com.au/whats-on/blackout/
- Customers need an eligible BigPond Broadband service and to pass our service qualification checks. These checks can be performed by our customer service staff in store or by calling 1800 004 461
Foxtel on T-Box
- Check your Foxtel on T-Box Eligibility online. Foxtel on T-Box Eligibility checks can also be performed by our customer service staff in store or by calling 1800 004 461
YouTube™ clips, TuneIn Radio, Picasa and AccuWeather are metered and will count towards your monthly BigPond Broadband usage allowance. There's a Parental Control feature to block unauthorised access.