- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
Navman Wireless GPS Fleet Management
Whether you have one vehicle or a thousand, the Navman Wireless GPS Fleet Management and Tracking solution is suitable for fleets of all sizes. The Navman Wireless solution uses the Telstra Next G® network and the optional Iridium satellite network to provide you with cost effective, near real-time vehicle location, mapping and reporting.
We know that your organisation is unique, so you can customise the Navman Wireless GPS Fleet Management and Tracking solution taking the guess work out of knowing the location of your vehicles, job dispatching and job scheduling by having real-time intelligence.
Navman Wireless offers the following solutions:
- Fleet Tracking
- Fleet Tracking and Mobile Communication
- Fleet Tracking, Mobile Communication and Navigation
- Satellite Communication option for areas outside of the Next G® network coverage areas
More information and case studies
Navman Wireless GPS Fleet Management and Tracking solution can offer the following benefits for organisations:
Help increase productivity:
- Have full visibility of your resources with near real-time information, allowing staff to redirect or dispatch the closest driver to service jobs or deliveries
- Increase the number of jobs completed or customers serviced per day
- Monitor individual performance on a daily, weekly or monthly basis
Help improve efficiency:
- Dispatch messages to one or all members of a fleet in a single click
- Simplify communication in one simple operation
- Improve allocation of planned and reactive jobs
- Improve reaction time with the ability to dispatch the nearest vehicle to a job
- Message job details directly to the vehicles
- Reduce misunderstandings caused by human error
- Automate manual process and reduce driver paperwork
- Monitor job completion rates
Help reduce costs:
- Save time and money by streamlining field communication with two-way messaging
- Reduce fuel and maintenance costs through reducing unnecessary mileage and vehicle wear and tear
Improve customer service:
- Provide accurate delivery/arrival times to customers or proactively inform them of delays
- Provide proof of delivery or service
- Accurately bill for time at client's location
- Quickly resolve billing disputes with verifiable GPS reports
Vehicle tracking (Qube):
- Near real-time GPS location
- Compact, solid, all-in-one unit
- Automatic time/distance activity updates and independent location queries
- Location, speed, direction, stops, entry/exit to specific areas
- Time, date, ignition and battery on/off events.
Tracking and mobile communication (Qube + MDT):
- Two way text messaging between the field and office (additional data charges apply)
- Customer selected preset replies
- PC based message dispatch software
- Communicate with one or all of your fleet at once
- Quick information transfer
Tracking, mobile communication and navigation (Qube + MNAV):
- Use as an independent navigation device from the vehicle, or be routed from the office
- Automatically calculates distance to destination, speed and estimated time of arrival
- Loaded with maps on SD card
- Stores 100 customisable preset messages
- Super-bright, 4.3 inch colour touch TFT display screen
- High-quality sound speaker to hear turn-by-turn voice guidance.
Tracking via Satellite Communications (Qube + QPro):
Navman Wireless solution is supported on the Telstra Next G® network, Australia’s largest national mobile broadband network. Q-Pro is an optional device which enables satellite communications via the world leading Iridium satellite network when a vehicle is outside of Next G® network coverage areas.
Hardware (including installation and configuration) is not provided as part of the Navman Wireless solution when purchased upfront or as part of a repayment option that includes the Q-Pro satellite option. You will need to purchase this separately.
In order to use the Q-Pro you’ll need to also separately purchase a satellite Iridium satellite service from another provider. And if you take up the Q-Pro as part of your Navman Wireless solution, you’ll be billed separately by Navman for all your usage charges associated with the Q-Pro. For further information visit the Navman Wireless website
The Navman Wireless GPS Fleet Management and Tracking Solution can be purchased under the following options.
| || |
Telstra Customer Testimonial: Attcall Civil Contractors on how Navman Wireless is helping their business.
My name is Clint McKinnon. I’m the Managing Director of Attcall Civil Contractors. I started in 1996, I owned a Bobcat and a Tipper. We have 25 staff now, about four and a half million dollars’ worth of gear. We do things like small roads, subdivisions, supplying storm water drainage systems. We do all the kerbs and gutters, asphalts.
Our industry is very competitive. It comes down to 1 or 2 per cent margin difference. On a million dollar job, it may be 1% - it wins or loses you the job. If we can fine-tune every area that we’re quarrying, then we can be a lot more competitive in the industry.
Super: ABILITY TO MONITOR STAFF PERFORMANCE AND PRODUCTIVITY
Our customers have challenges around ensuring their drivers are safe, compliant requirement with speeding and sort of you know managing their, their driver fatigue, but also the rising cost of fuel and carbon emissions means that it’s a really complicated environment to be in.
Navman wireless is part of the mobility partner program. We’ve got container management, asset tracking, our loan worker, field services – so we’re quite involved in the space.
The Navman solution tracks our vehicles, 100% of the time.
Super: REAL-TIME MONITORING TO MAXIMISE UTILISATION OF MACHINERY AND EQUIPMENT
We’re able to find out what time our guys are on site, what time a machine is actually started on site and in an eight hour day, what productivity we get out of any one piece of equipment, so that we can reduce the costs and get a, a finer tuned way of making money.
Super: IMPROVED BUSINESS PROCESSES
We’re only into a month of being with the program. I believe that in productivity, we’re going to save. In our maintenance of our equipment, we’re going to save. In our accounting, linked to our MYOB system, we’re going to save.
Insurance is a big cost. In previous years you tended to over-cover a vehicle because the reality is it wasn’t going to be returned if stolen. I have a GPS tracking system now that, that will tell me where that vehicle’s gone, what time it’s gone, where it is. So we’ll be able to insure things at real value.
Super: APPROXIMATELY $300,000 IN COST SAVINGS
The overall reduction will be around about 300 thousand dollars – not in our premium, but what we’ve been able to bring the, the level of coverage to.
The Navman wireless device is actually Telstra certified and it’s been through the rigorous tests that we put our devices through. So customers can feel comfortable that the device actually does what it’s supposed to do.
Well Telstra gives us an overall package for, for my business. So they basically come on board with us and Navman to, to supply a system not only for the GPS tracking but for our office in total. It’s just going to be one system and not having something over there for the accounting, and something else over there for the maintenance and productivity has a different system as well. We want positive growth but we want to be able to control the growth – and to achieve those goals we need Telstra and their input into our business. Basically they’ve become a silent partner.
Things you need to know
Next G® coverage depends on your location, device and whether it has an external antenna attached.
Visit telstra.com/mobilebbcoverage for details of coverage locations.
™ and ® are trade marks and registered trade marks of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556.
Example of Navman Wireless Online AVL2 application