- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
Our Wireless WAN (WWAN) is a simple, cost-efficient way to communicate, collaborate and access your business applications across your wide area network where fixed line networks are not available. It is perfect for enterprises that want to quickly deploy connectivity to small stores, mobile vendors and temporary sites or sites that need to increase communications on a seasonal basis.
Wireless WAN is also an effective backup solution, with automatic failover and failback that initiates in seconds when the primary WAN link is unavailable. It enables you to enhance business continuity by allowing business operations and customer service to be maintained even during unplanned WAN outages.
Wireless WAN offers accredited wireless CPE from Cisco® and Juniper, and is underpinned by the Telstra Next G® network, Australia's largest mobile broadband network. The Next G® network has the largest 3G coverage in Australia, and provides better in-building coverage than any other 3G network in Australia. In addition, it integrates seamlessly with the fixed-line Telstra Next IP® network for effortless connectivity between business sites. Wireless WAN also offers options to manage the solution yourself, or have us manage it on either a reactive or proactive basis.
Help improve productivity and responsiveness
With Wireless WAN, you can quickly set up temporary sites so your staff can connect to people and information while working remotely from the business. They could resolve issues on the spot, respond faster to requests, and input information directly to save time. This flexibility is ideal for the transport, construction and mining industries.
You can quickly set up temporary sites in times of emergency or increase communications for sites with seasonal surges in business. A process that is even simpler if you use a portable packaged solution.
Help enhance business continuity
The automatic failover and failback service allows critical operations to keep running during unplanned outages. It integrates with your fixed-line network so it works even with highly distributed networks. The speed and reliability of Wireless WAN has allowed many small businesses such as retail and convenience stores or kiosks to use it as their primary communications link. What’s more, Wireless WAN can easily scale to match business growth.
Help improve financial outcomes
Wireless WAN can be more cost-effective and deliver better performance than other access methods when fixed-line connectivity is limited. For even greater economy, we offer flexible Next G network data carriage pricing including pay-as-you-use options that can be tailored to a site's transmission requirements.
For added assurance, we also offer Managed WAN backup data plans which, when the backup is activated, provide unlimited data usage. You can also have any of our mobile data plans attached to your Wireless WAN service. Plus, if you decide to have us manage your WAN environment, including Wireless WAN1, you could reduce the cost of resources required to manage your network.
Help minimise business risk
Our Managed Data Networks (MDN) solution lets you choose the management option1 for your Wireless WAN that suits your risk profile for each site and connection to support business continuity. Plus you can engage us for recommendation and implementation of network configuration and dimensioning2. By adopting our MDN solutions, you also have the assurance that you can employ the latest, most advanced functionality with minimal risk to your business.
Experience the Telstra Difference
- Scale: Only we offer the scalability and reach of the Telstra Next IP® network and Next G® network, Australia’s largest fully integrated national IP platform, connecting to more than 240 world locations via our global IP-VPN.
- Visibility: Only we offer end-to-end visibility of the network to monitor network performance 24/7 to help ensure optimal day-to-day operations.
- High security: We have the only Australian core network solutions with ISO 27001 security certification.
- A platform for growth: We provide low-risk access to new and emerging capabilities like Unified Communications, security and cloud-based computing.
- Experience and capability: We offer access to deep network and solution expertise, extensive industry accreditations, advanced technologies from leading vendors and work to best practice methodologies.
- Commitment: We make significant ongoing investments in our networks and solutions and have a clear roadmap for improvement.
- A single source of expertise: We offer wide experience, innovative services, advanced technologies and world-class infrastructure in complete and integrated solutions from one point of contact.
Things you need to know
- Our management of Wireless WAN must be taken in conjunction with Managed Router and is not available separately.
- Additional fee will apply.
Wireless WAN provides the features you need to support business operations:
- 3G connection – either as a primary or backup access
- Design and installation services
- Managed Data Networks management when adopted in conjunction with a Managed Router solution
- The Proactive Management option includes ability for alarming and polling of primary and backup services while primary access is active.
- On-demand testing for 3G backup service for failover and failback (depending on management option purchased).\
- Accredited Wireless Gateway equipment and IP Wireless ports
- Seamless integration between fixed-line and wireless networks
- Improved availability through a diverse backup path for mission-critical applications
- Ability to integrate with Telstra Connect IP for use as a backup connectivity solution
- Integration with Telstra Managed Data Networks Bundles (MDN Bundles) as a primary and back up service.
Flexible management tiers
Choose from either a proactive or reactive management tier, each with inbuilt flexibility that lets you customise the management level according to the individual site. You can also mix and match tiers according to site need.
Reactive Management: The Reactive Management service tier is a cost-effective solution for smaller, non-critical sites. With this tier, router management is performed solely on a reactive basis. You must contact the Service Desk when you detect a fault, as we don't proactively poll the equipment. For an additional fee, you can choose to have commissioning and maintenance on either a repair or replacement basis.
Proactive Management: The Proactive Management service tier will suit you if you don't have in-house management expertise or have sites where business continuity is essential. This tier provides comprehensive management including proactive monitoring and alarming of equipment and the supporting Telstra network, response, diagnosis and repair. Configuration file assurance is provided by daily back-ups.
We offer a range of additional, flexible reporting options either for selected sites or for the complete managed data network infrastructure. These reporting options may incur an additional fee:
Online Reporting: Online Reporting allows you to view reports and statistics to determine network performance. You can see data in near real time such as traffic utilisation, device metrics (CPU utilisation, memory usage, etc.) interface utilisation, top-end reports, trend reporting and more.
Written Analysis Reporting: Written Analysis Reporting provides a comprehensive analysis of the health of your WAN. You can choose which network services are included and have either monthly or quarterly reports.
Things you need to know
Cisco is a registered trade mark of Cisco Systems, inc. and/or its affiliates in the. U.S. and certain other countries.
™ and ® are trade marks and registered trade marks of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556.