- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
Branch Office IT Consolidation
Imagine if you could centralise your servers in one location, yet still enjoy Local Area Network-like performance over the Wide Area Network (WAN). It’s possible with Branch Office IT Consolidation, a proven way to maintain productivity and decrease the cost and complexity of infrastructure.
When it comes to IT consolidation a holistic approach is vital. That’s why Telstra Branch Office IT Consolidation offers four mutually supportive solutions. WAN Optimisation and Cisco® Virtual Engine allow you to consolidate infrastructure, yet still ensure staff productivity. While our Network Computing Solutions and Professional Network Services are extra options that work to further reduce capital costs and assist a smooth consolidation. In addition, we also offer a single point of expertise to make the job easier.
- Help increase productivity - WAN Optimisation reduces application delays, assisting staff to maximise productive output.
- Keep vital branch communications running - Cisco Virtual Engine enables services such as AD/DHCP/DNS/Print Server to be delivered from your integrated WAN Optimisation device1.
- Help improve security - Consolidating IT can offer better physical and virtual security for sensitive corporate data.
- Assist compliance - Centralised data and applications are easier to back up and also to retrieve data.
- Increase efficiency of existing infrastructure - Centralising IT assets could reduce the complexity of deploying and maintaining infrastructure at multiple sites. Less infrastructure to maintain also allows IT staff to be redirected to higher value tasks for the organization.
- Decrease capital outlay - Better application speeds resulting from WAN Optimisation can cut costly network upgrades. In addition, the reduced need to duplicate infrastructure across many sites can save further capital expenditure.
- Single point of accountability - One point of contact can take away the headache of managing multiple suppliers and lower risk of deployment.
Experience the Telstra difference
We deliver an integrated solution for Branch Office IT Consolidation that leverages the advanced technologies of global networking leader Cisco. Our technological edge is backed by the proven experience2 of Next Generation Services™ to ensure first class deployment and ongoing service delivery.
In addition, we offer capabilities unmatched by our competitors:
- Scale - Only we offer the scalability and reach of the Telstra Next IP™ network and Next G® network, Australia’s largest fully integrated national IP platform, connecting to more than 240 world locations via our global IP-VPN.
- Visibility - Only we offer end-to-end visibility of the network to monitor network performance 24/7 and ensure optimal day-to-day operations.
- High security - We have the only Australian networks with ISO 27001 security certification.
- A platform for growth - We provide low-risk access to new and emerging capabilities including unified communications, security and cloud-based computing.
- Experience and capability - We offer access to deep network and solution expertise, extensive industry accreditation, advanced technologies from leading vendors and best practice methodologies.
- Commitment - We make significant ongoing investments in our networks and solutions and have a clear roadmap for improvement.
- A single source of expertise - We offer wide experience, innovative services, advanced technologies and world-class infrastructure in complete and integrated solutions from one point of contact.
Things you need to know
- For customers with Cisco Wide Area Application Services.
- Telstra Enterprise-grade customer service gained the 2009 Best-of-the-Best Service Excellence award from the Customer Service Institute of Australia.
Cisco is a registered trade mark of Cisco Systems Inc., and/or its affiliates in the US and certain other countries.
™ and ® are trade marks and registered trade marks of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556.
Branch Office IT Consolidation offers four complementary options that can be combined for a comprehensive solution:
- WAN Optimisation - Reduces latency, packet loss and congestion to accelerate application and network performance.
- Cisco® Virtual Engine - Cisco virtual blade servers can be deployed at each site to ensure vital local services are maintained.
- Network Computing Services3 - Our data centres provide high levels of security and resilience with immediate access to our networks and the internet. Our Network Computing Services also offer a range of hosting solutions that can easily gear up or down to meet changing business needs. In addition, our skill and experience can improve management and maintenance with economies of scale that can deliver greater cost-efficiencies.
- Professional Network Services - This group will audit, design, transition and project manage to ensure a low-risk, cost-efficient and timely changeover. Professional Network Services has over 370 skilled resources including 180 dedicated security experts and 150 accredited project managers. They also have a proven record: in the 2008/09 financial year alone, they successfully delivered 1,200 customer projects.
Things you need to know
- Co-location is only available to existing co-location customers.