- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
Application Visibility and Usage
Visibility of network performance is important. Only when you have greater insight into network performance – especially at the application layer – can you make informed decisions on how to improve operations.
Our Application Visibility and Usage reporting tools aim to give you end-to-end visibility from the application to the router. It is ideal if you are a Telstra Managed Data Networks (MDN) customer1 who needs to improve the management and performance of your mission-critical applications. It is also the first vital step in the journey towards application-assured networking.
You can access near real-time and historical reports of:
- Visibility of the applications that are detected and identified on the network. The portal will present these graphically and as a list.
- Data usage based on specific end users, site and application displayed as:
- top 10 identified applications detected per site
- top 10 applications by volume usage
- top identified traffic between IP address pairs.
You can also customise your own reports.
Things you need to know
- Application Visibility and Usage is an optional, value-added service available only to Telstra Managed Data Networks customers.
Enjoy better visibility from the application to the network with a convenient, unified view from the MDN Customer Reporting portal.
Help improve availability
Resolve faults more rapidly by using a process of elimination across applications, networks and routers to improve availability.
Track trends, compare historical data and troubleshoot potential issues before they arise.
Help improve planning
Accurately forecast demand fluctuations or capacity upgrades, gain early warning of threshold breaches and evaluate capacity to introduce new applications.
Recognise inappropriate traffic consuming network resources and detect servers compromised by viruses or Trojans.
Enhanced IP accounting
Identify ownership of network traffic between distributed sites and end users to allocate costs or bandwidth limits.
Easy to deploy and activate
Application Monitoring uses existing capabilities in Telstra’s Cisco routers.
Lower total cost of ownership
Removes the need to buy, manage and maintain third party software and servers as well as the time and expense of internal IT resources. It could also drive further cost savings by optimising network usage.
Experience the Telstra difference
Application Monitoring is the first step in our journey towards an application-centric network model. Further steps in the journey include:
- An integrated portal with improved user access
- Consolidated reporting combining access, CPE and application layer data
- WAN optimisation services to enhance application performance
- Branch consolidation to improve distributed access to applications
- Centralisation of business systems using a hosted model
- Enhanced performance of mobile applications
- Improved network-embedded security
- Better compliance management.
We have a clear roadmap and commitment to simplify network management, lower risk and enhance application performance. Proof of this is our investment of more than $2.5bn in transforming our networks to create Australia’s largest integrated IP platform. Our networks provide greater reach, capacity, robustness and flexibility to support critical business applications, provide a platform for growth and access to emerging ICT capabilities. At the same time, our unique ownership of the network provides end-to-end visibility and control unmatched by our competitors. These capabilities are further supported by:
- Our breadth of managed services and hosted applications that seamlessly connect with your IT systems and processes.
- Proven track record, value-added services and competitive call-out SLAs.
- Our scale, dedicated resources and experience designing, building, helping to improve and manage the largest networks in the country.
Things you need to know
Cisco is a registered trade mark of Cisco Systems, inc. and/or its affiliates in the. U.S. and certain other countries.
™ and ® are trade marks and registered trade marks of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556.