- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
Connect IP Telephony
Securely connect multiple business sites for voice and data with reliability and ease. Connect IP™ Telephony converges your voice and data network into one, reducing network complexity and delivering features and options that help improve productivity and enhance the way you do business. The service is priced at a monthly per-site rate, with minimal upfront costs.
Depending on which service features you choose, the solution may include:
- On-site equipment, including on-site maintenance
- Network access (512kbps – 40Mbps)
- Voice enabled IP Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- PBX features and functionality
- High Definition Voice
- Video Telephony
- Equipment and Network management
- 2Mbps secure Internet Gateway
- Network design, configuration and management
- 24/7 single point of contact help desk for Managed voice and data services
All voice and data traffic traverses the private Telstra Next IP® network which makes it an exceptionally secure and reliable way of sharing information between your business sites. Connect IP Telephony is an end-to-end solution, from start-up to operation, with easy ongoing management via a single point of contact for all your queries.
A simple approach to building your network
Connect IP Telephony takes the headache out of building and managing an enterprise-grade converged voice and data network. It offers a simple, integrated approach that includes access, IP connectivity, on-site equipment, network hosted PBX features, Telstra’s network management solutions and data connectivity.
Potentially lower your total cost of ownership
Outdated legacy telephone systems and the networks connecting them can be replaced at your own pace, helping reduce the costs associated with managing and maintaining different systems. By combining your voice and data networks and outsourcing the management to us with Connect IP™ Telephony, we can help lower your ongoing cost of ownership with a fixed price-per-site model. There are also no significant upfront hardware costs.
Focus on your business and improve productivity
Operating over our Next IP network and complying with the international security certification ISO 270011, Connect IP Telephony offers security and peace-of-mind. It also offers you the flexibility to tailor the solution to your individual needs. Tailoring options such as video telephony, presence and Click-to-Call can help improve productivity by increasing employee collaboration and knowledge transfer. The solution is also compatible with other Telstra IP solutions, allowing remote employees to securely connect to the network as if they were at their desks.
Grow and enable your business
Connect IP™ is highly scalable (1-5000 sites) and can be tailored to suit your budget, networking, application and staff needs, without major concerns over equipment obsolescence and ongoing maintenance. As your business grows you can easily add new sites to your network as well as increase access speeds between sites by simply upgrading your package and letting us take care of the rest.
Take advantage of our intelligent IP network
This simple solution integrates on-site equipment, last mile access, WAN connectivity, IP Telephony, Video Telephony, Managed Voice services, secure internet connectivity and network management in a simple solution.
Depending on which service options you choose, features may include:
- User and Bandwidth Flexibility - choose from packages ranging from three to 70 voice users with the option to add additional users to each package
- On-Site Equipment Inclusive - Each package includes one router and an IP handset, both of which include on-site maintenance
- IP telephony Feature Pack flexibility - a standard feature pack is provided with the option to upgrade for those employees who need a little extra
- Network Management - network monitoring of the on-site router, online network reports, a wide range of configuration options plus on-site equipment maintenance.
- IP VPN - built over Telstra’s Next IP network core providing security and reliability
- Class of Service - be assured that priority will be given to your voice traffic and other latency/time sensitive applications
- Redundancy options - aims to ensure your critical sites are on the air (data services only)
- Response/restore service level agreement (SLA) - a single service restoration guarantee2 covering all components of the Connect IP™ solution with optional enhancements available
- 24/7 Help Desk - lodge a call at any time
- Secure 2Mbps connectivity to the internet - centralise and share a single secure connection to the internet with all sites on your network increasing management and dimensioning efficiency3
- Simple integrated bill - single price per-site model
- Connect IP™ Next G® backup - supporting data services (where there is Next G network coverage)
Things you need to know
- ISO/IEC 27001:2005:Security Management System for the provision of Managed Area Networks. Telstra Next IP network products IP WAN, IP MAN, MWAN and IP Wireless have international IS0 27001 security certification.
- Restoration guarantee is for urban areas (towns with populations over 10,000). Services located outside of these areas have extended service guarantees.
- Internet Usage plans purchased separately.