- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
Telstra Mobile Device Management
As a member of IT or a support team, you are challenged with the increasing use of smartphones and tablets across the enterprise, plus a growing number of staff who access corporate data through personal devices.
Staff are demanding more functionality from their mobile devices when out of the office. That means it's harder to ensure corporate data remains secure, while device management is becoming more complex and time-consuming.
That's where Telstra Mobile Device Management can help. From one convenient portal, you'll be able to perform a wide range of administrative functions depending on the type of device whenever you're in a Telstra Mobile Network coverage area or Wi-Fi coverage area. We will continue to update functions as new devices are released and their capabilities improve.
There are no software or maintenance fees. You simply need to purchase an eligible Telstra plan for each compatible device and/or purchase client access licenses (for individually owned or Wi-Fi only devices).
- Spend less time and effort managing and configuring staff smartphones and tablets
- Simple to use, all you need is internet access and a log-in and password
- Deploy the business applications your staff need to work effectively
- Avoid the cost of deploying and running in-house systems and support
- Maintain and deploy security policies on devices to safeguard corporate information
- Compatible with the most popular operating systems from iOS, Android™ and Windows® Phone 8 via a single console
- Telstra provides 24x7 email support
The Telstra difference
Because you are purchasing from Telstra you’ll receive the following benefits:
- It's managed and hosted by us in Australia, so there are no setup or ongoing maintenance costs. We will also continue to update features and functions as device capabilities improve.
- Flexible pricing options; purchase an eligible Telstra plan for each compatible device and/or purchase client access licenses (for individually owned or Wi-Fi only devices).
- We provide 24x7 email support to assist with using the Telstra Mobile Device Management portal and to set up login access. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following matrix outlines the high level capabilities of the iOS , Android and Windows® Phone 8 operating systems with the Telstra Mobile Device Management portal. Features and functions may vary by device model and are subject to change.
Free 30 day trial
Get started now - free 30 day trial for new Telstra T-MDM customers
Telstra customers with a mobile account number can elect to trial the Telstra Mobile Device Management portal for a period of 30 days. A maximum of 25 compatible devices can be connected on the trial.
Step 1: Check you have at least one compatible device by clicking here.
Step 2: Complete and return the application form. Note, you must be a Telstra customer with a Telstra mobile account number to take up the trial
Step 3: We'll verify your account details and send you an email with your login details.
It is also highly recommended that you register for a free webinar here. During the webinar you will get an understanding of how to navigate the portal and can get answers to your technical questions.
After the 30 day trial period you’ll automatically be moved to a fully paid service.
- To opt-out of the fully paid service, simply de-register all trial users and devices on the T-MDM portal and no charges will be applied.
- If the trial is successful and you would like to continue using the Telstra Mobile Device Management portal after 30 days, speak with a Telstra sales representative or dealer about the best pricing options and arrange for your users to be connected to eligible Telstra plans.
- By default, if you continue using the Telstra Mobile Device Management portal after 30 days and have not purchased eligible Telstra plans, you'll be charged monthly client access licenses(CAL) Fees.
Visit here for pricing details.
Register for a free webinar
Telstra customers can register for a free online web demonstration session. We’ll need to provide your contact details to AirWatch (who built the software used on the T-MDM platform).
During the demonstration you will get an understanding of how to navigate the portal and can get answers to your technical questions.
Please complete the following form and we will contact you with details of the next webinar. Allow 24 business hours for a reply.
A free 30 day trial is available for new Telstra T-MDM customers with a mobile account number. Visit here for more information.
After the trial ends, you’ll need to purchase an eligible Telstra plan for each compatible device and/or purchase monthly client access licenses (for individually owned or Wi-Fi only devices). If you don't wish to be charged once the trial ends, you'll need to de-register all devices from the portal.
Eligible Telstra Plans
Compatible devices can be managed on the Telstra Device Management portal when each is connected to one of the following Telstra plans
- Telstra Mobile Connect Data plan
A unique set of data plans designed for customers who are using business applications on smartphones and tablets. With no excess usage charges on the NEXT G® network when a device is using business applications it helps provide business customers with cost certainty. Click here for more details.
- Telstra Mobile Device Management plan
A casual pay as you go plan that grants access for a compatible device.
Please consult your Telstra sales representative or dealer to determine the best pricing options for you.
Things you need to know
Mobile Connect Business Application data usage: Your included allowance includes data sent or received by a device on the Telstra Next G® network in Australia through port 443 (SSL) and any data sent or received by a device on the Telstra Next G® network in Australia over the Telstra IP Wireless private APN (telstra.corp). The speed of such business data will be slowed to 256kbps when your usage exceeds 3GB per month. Other data charges such as international roaming are not included
You'll need to separately pay for any data usage fees and charges associated with the use of T-MDM as set out in Our Customer Terms and for use overseas. You'll also need to pay for any applicable charges associated with your plan.
Monthly Client Access Licenses (CALs) Alternatively, those devices not connected to eligible Telstra plans will attract monthly client access license fees. These client access license fees are chargeable month on month (there is no minimum number or penalties for removing individually liable or Wi-Fi only devices from the T-MDM portal). Charges vary based on the number of device connected each month.
The Telstra Mobile Device Management portal is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Android (v4 and above); and
- Windows® Phone 8
A list of device models supported by Telstra can be found here.
Things you need to know
Mobile device features and functions can vary by OS version and manufacturer For further information about T-MDM please see Our Customer Terms. Apple and iPhone are registered trade marks of Apple Inc, registered in the US and other countries. Microsoft®, Windows and Windows Phone are trade marks of Microsoft Corporation. Android is a trade mark of Google Inc.
Contact your Telstra sales person or account manager to arrange a demonstration.