- Business Products
- Resources & Insights
- Account Services
- Help & Support
Telstra Iterra® IP Satellite
If you need rapid, reliable data communications where network coverage doesn’t exist, Iterra IP Satellite is the answer. It lets you access your corporate network1 or the internet via satellite so you can stay productive in more places. It’s also perfect for remote telemetry monitoring and digital broadcasts.
Iterra IP Satellite is quick and easy to set up so you can start work right away. You can choose from a range of affordable data plans, deployment times and equipment, which you can rent or purchase. We also offer value-added options to further improve your business performance.
We deliver full business-grade support, including business continuity and disaster recovery for peace of mind. Iterra IP Satellite is also secure so your communications can remain private. What’s more, you’ll receive a single point of contact for simplicity and faster resolution of issues.
Telstra Iterra IP Satellite provides fast, reliable data access when normal network coverage is unavailable and lets you:
- Maintain productivity: Connect easily to your network to keep working in remote locations
- Initiate and complete projects fast: Quick set up lets you get to business with minimal delay
- Access information quickly: A simple Ethernet connection to your Local Area Network (LAN) or Wide Area Network (WAN) helps to improve network performance and reliability
- Business resilience: Business continuity plus disaster recovery protects data and operations
- Secure Network: Modem authentication and use of VPNs with physical and logical separations ensure communications stay secure
- Control costs: A range of affordable data plans lets you manage costs and budget easily
- Flexibility: You have a choice of on-site equipment with the option to purchase or rent, plus short or long term deployments
- Assurance and peace of mind: Enjoy high quality support to ensure operations run smoothly
Iterra IP Satellite connects seamlessly to your LAN or WAN to maintain business productivity. Our Ethernet links provide a simple interface that reduces protocol conversions to improve data speeds. Non Ethernet based connectivity is also supported. Access features include:
- A range of port speeds from 64kbps to 10 Mbps
- A range of bandwidth from 64kbps to 100 Mbps (depending on connecting service)
- A choice of Static or Dynamic Class of Service (with six classes of QoS)
- A range of private and public IP addressing schemes
- Static or dynamic routing
You can select either fixed, transportable or maritime on-site units, with the option to purchase or rent.
A choice of plans to suit
A range of data plans for different network configurations cater for single or multiple sites, with dedicated or shared bandwidth.
Business continuity is a key component of the Iterra IP network, which ensures service consistency and recoverability. We also offer a Disaster Recovery service for further peace of mind.
Only Telstra supplied modems are authenticated to access the network. Ku and Ka frequency bands, spot beams, and Time Divisional Multiplexing for uplinks and downlinks help to ensure secure communications.
You can monitor our service with monthly performance reports on service availability and traffic metrics for each site. You can also access a web portal to monitor network status, data traffic and service performance in near real time.
Value added services
Optional services such as Quality of Service, Multicast and IP Telephony can provide additional performance and functionality for your operations.
Quality support from a single provider
Enjoy business-grade support, or optional 24/7 support. A single point of contact saves you time managing multiple suppliers, while ensuring a fast response to issues.
Things you need to know
- You must have a Telstra connecting carriage service to use Iterra IP Satellite.
™ and ® are trade marks and registered trade marks of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556.