Recognition for the new Telstra
As consumers start to benefit from the improved services offered by the 'new' Telstra - recognition is also coming in the form of awards from round the world.
Telstra honours in 2012
National Disability Awards
- Telstra’s Supported Workforce Program, a diversity in procurement initiative that employs over 200 people with disability nationwide in partnership with Australian Disability Enterprises won the Excellence in Improving Employment Opportunities Award as part of the International Day of People with Disability celebrations which are held 3 December each year. The Awards recognise individuals and organisations whose contributions improve the lives of people with disability.
ACLA Australian In-House Lawyer Awards
- Telstra’s 135-strong legal department was awarded large in-house legal team of the year by the Australian Corporate Lawyers Association.
International Customer Service Professionals People’s Choice Award
- Following research by AMR and Feedback ASAP, Telstra was awarded the International Customer Service Professionals People’s Choice Award for Exceptional Customer Service for having the best customer service of any company in Australia.
ICSP 2012 Business Awards
- Telstra’s Contact Centre in Docklands was awarded the 2012 Large Business Customer Service award by International Customer Service Professionals.
ARN IT Industry Awards
- Telstra's Digital Inclusion team was awarded the inaugral Community - Corporate Citizenship award.
Australian Mobile Awards 2012
- Telstra Digital was awarded Best Android App for the Telstra 24x7 app, demonstrating outstanding achivement and creativity with cutting edge technology.
Euromoney Legal Media Group Australasia Women in Business Law Awards 2012
- The Telstra Legal Services team was awarded the Euromoney Legal Media Group Australasia Women in Business Law Awards 2012 – Best In-House Team Award (over 50 lawyers) for our gender diversity and flexible work practices.
Australian Teleservices Association (ATA) Victoria Awards 2012
- Telstra’s Contact Centre in Docklands was awarded the 2012 Large Contact Centre of the Year in Victoria by the Australian Teleservices Association. July 2012
ACCOM (Communications Alliance and Comms Day Awards)
- Telstra and Ericsson were awarded the Partnerships for Growth Award, for designing and implementing 4G/LTE technology for Telstra's best-in-class Next G network in record time.
Australian Teleservices Association Awards 2012
- Telstra was awarded Victorian Large Contact Centre of the Year; for performance against business objectives, customer satisfaction, staff satisfaction, and staff training/development.
CEO of the Year - The Deal
- The Deal, an Australian business magazine, awarded their inaugal CEO of the Year Award to Telstra Chief Executive Officer, David Thodey.
AusCERT Awards 2012
- Telstra was awarded winner of the Award for Operational Excellence for the TCERT tool, which responds to reports of malicious activity affecting customers.
Australian Human Resources Institute Awards 2012
Telstra was awarded winner of the following awards:
- CEO Diversity Champion Award
- Diversity Champion Award
- Gender Equity Award
Cisco Partner Summit Awards 2012
- During Cisco's Global Awards Reception, they recognised the successes of their global partners and highlighted some of the special achievements by their top performers.Telstra was awarded Service Provider Partner of the Year with Cisco.
TEAM Polycom Awards 2012
- Telstra was awarded Partner of the Year for innovation, industry focus, services and integration.
Power Index for Business Leaders
- Telstra's Chief Executive Officer, David Thodey, was voted #1 on this index producted by a team of respected investigative journalists.
Asia Pacific Federation of Project Management (APFPM) Awards 2011 – Asia Pacific
- Telstra was awarded the winner of the Product Development category for our project management of the Australian Rail Track Corporations (ARTC) National Train Communication Project.
IPTV World Forum Awards - London 2012
- Telstra was awarded Best TV Service Innovation category for the Telstra T-Box.
Telstra honours in 2011
Australia Institute Project Management Project Management Achievement Awards 2011 – National and State awards
Telstra was awarded winner of the following project management awards:
- National and South Australian state awards in the Product Development category for our project management of the Australian Rail Track Corporations (ARTC) National Train Communication Project.
- Queensland Project of the Year and state award in the category of Construction / Engineering < $100m for The Northern Region Disaster Recovery effort. Additionally, a Queensland state award was presented in the Organisation/Change category for our project management of the P240: Test & Fulfilment Service Chain Optimisation.
- NSW state awards in the Telecommunications Technology category for our project management of the NSW Department of Education & Training (DET) project.
- Victorian state award in the Telecommunications Technology category for our project management of the Digital Video: Channel 9 relocation from Richmond Studios to Melbourne Docklands and another Victorian state award in the category of small projects for a Media Centre Build at Lonsdale Street.
September / October 2011
Australia & New Zealand Internet Awards (ANZIA) 2011 – Melbourne, VIC
- Telstra was awarded the winner of the Security & Privacy category for our Internet and Cyber-Safety website for its useful content and advice for internet users of all ages.
Communications Alliance and CommsDay Awards (ACOMMS) 2011 - Sydney, NSW
- Telstra was awarded the Community Contribution Award for our assistance to the Queensland community following the January floods and Cyclone Yasi.
TM Forum Excellence Awards 2011 – Dublin
- Telstra was awarded the TM Forum Operational Excellence Award for demonstrating the most innovative and effective use of TM Forum’s architecture framework.
Telstra honours in 2010
Smarthouse Magazine Best of the Best 2010 Awards - Australia
- Best IPTV Provider: Telstra BigPond
- Best PVR: Telstra T-Box, and
- Best IPTV Service on a TV: LG Netcast “BigPond Movies is the highlight of the Netcast service”.
World Communication Awards - Australia
- Telstra Enterprise & Government (TE&G) was announced as the winner of the World Communication Awards in the Best Brand category for the TE&G 2010 Productivity Campaign.
CSIA awards - Australia
- Next Generation Operations CCS Centrelink team - Network Applications & Service, Telstra Operations - National & ACT winners - Service Excellence in a Service Desk.
- Rex Allgood & Nathan Peters, TE&G Customer Care - Joint winners - Certified Business Relationship Manager of the Year.
- Kathie O'Reilly, Service Delivery, Telstra Operations -QLD Customer Service Manager of the Year.
- Townsville Contact Centre, Service Delivery Telstra Operations -QLD Service Excellence Award- Medium Business or Division.
- TE&G Customer Care - National Highly Commended - Service Excellence in a National Contact Centre.
2010 Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards - AustraliaTelstra won four awards:
- Broadband Service Provider of the Year
- Hosted Contact Centre Provider of the Year
- Data Communications Service Provider of the Year
- Managed Service Provider of the Year
Broadband Infovision Awards 2010 - Paris
- Telstra’s Arnhem Land Fibre Project won the prestigious ‘Changing Lives’ award at the Broadband Infovision Awards.
This award win is the third international award for the Arnhem Land Fibre Project and the tenth achieved overall.
Related media release: Broadband partnership recognised for changing lives
HTC Service Excellence Award - Asia-Pacific - Taiwan
- The Telstra National Repairs Centre (NRC) in Sydney was awarded the HTC Service Excellence Award for the Asia-Pacific region – one of only four awards presented globally! The award was presented by Michael Tsai, HTC Regional Customer Service Director, who travelled from Taiwan to Australia for the occasion. This is the NRC’s second international award this year.
2010 Australian Effie Awards
Our award winning ad campaigns were:
- Golden Effie Award for BigPond’s iconic “Patrick and Daniel” advertising campaign, exemplified in the latest series “Power of Belonging”, in the Long Term Effects category
- Silver Effie Award for Telstra Business’ "Reconnecting with Small Business" Mobile Plus campaign in the One to One category.
More info: Australian EFFIE Awards 2010
AIPM Project Management Achievement Awards - Northern Division - Darwin, NT
- Telstra wins two AIPM awards in the Northern Division – the ‘Project of the Year' award and the Territory’s award for best 'Regional Development’ for their work on Stage 2 work of the 'Broadbanding the Top End' project.
Related media release: Telstra wins two AIPM awards in the Northern Division
AIPM Project Management Achievement Awards – Victorian Chapter
- Telstra wins the AIPM awards in the Victorian Chapter – best ‘Construction/Engineering less $100M' for their work in building Catholic Network Australia’s core network and completing Batch 1 work (of connecting 790 schools and administrative offices) three weeks ahead of the 31 March contract milestone.
IT Service Management Industry Awards Forum Australia - Melbourne, VIC
- Telstra and Infosys Technologies Ltd won Best ITSM (IT Service Management) Project of the Year, the top industry award bestowed by IT Service Management Forum (itSMF) Australia, the peak body for IT Service Management in Australia. The Telstra-Infosys submission tied with one from the Department of Immigration.
Related media release: Telstra and Infosys Win Top Honours in IT Service Management Awards
Communications Alliance and Communications Day (ACOMM) Awards 2010 - Sydney, NSW
- Telstra was recognised in two categories at the 2010 ACOMM Awards. The industry's top honour, the 2010 Communications Ambassador Award, was awarded to Telstra Group Managing Director Business, Deena Shiff. Telstra Enterprise & Government was also recognised with a commitment to customer service award.
Global Telecoms Business Innovation Awards 2010 – London, UK
- Telstra was recognised at the 2010 Global Telecoms Business Innovation Awards, winning the Rural backbone innovation award for the Arnhem Land Fibre Project. This is the project’s second international award.
Related media release: Remote project wins internationally
SAS Enterprise Excellence Award
- Telstra was honoured with the Enterprise Excellence Award at the SAS Global Forum, in Seattle USA, for our new customer data analytics environment.
SAS media release: SAS honors customers’ innovative use of SAS® Business Analytics
ATUG 2010 Excellence Awards - Sydney, NSW
- Telstra wins the Australian Telecommunications Users Group (ATUG) 2010 Excellence Award for 'Best Communications Initiative - Regional' for Phase 2 of the 'Broadbanding the Top End' project.
Related media release: Telstra fibre project win
2010 Catalyst Award - New York, USA
Telstra becomes the first Australian company to win the prestigious Catalyst Award, an annual international award for initiatives that support and advance women in business. Telstra received the award for its Next Generation Gender Diversity initiatives.
Related media release: Catalyst awards Telstra's gender diversity initiative
Telstra honours in 2009
Outstanding Customer Service - 2009 Qantas Australian Domestic Airports Shopping awards
Telstra's T[life] Airport stores (in Melbourne and Sydney) have recently been presented the "Outstanding Customer Service" award at the 2009 Qantas Australian Domestic Airports Shopping awards night
Media Thinking Awards - Singapore
Telstra and its media buying and advertising agency OMD win bronze in the Best Use of New Applications category for our innovative approach to increasing everyday consumer use of Telstra Mobile Codes.
IDC SMB Excellence Awards - November 2009
Global research firm IDC awarded Telstra Business with the inaugural "IDC SMB Business Excellence Award" for its innovative T-Suite® 'cloud computing' software service for small-medium sized business.
Media Release: Telstra wins global award for business innovation
World Communication Awards 2009 - London, UK
Telstra wins the World Communication Awards 2009 for Best Project Management for the 'Broadbanding the Top End' project.
Media release: Telstra's World Communication Award win
AIPM Project Management Achievement Awards - National Awards - Adelaide, SA
Telstra receives the national Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) award for best 'Construction/ Engineering project with a total budget of less than $100m', for the 'Broadbanding the Top End' project.
AIPM Project Management Achievement Awards - Northern Division - Darwin, NT
Telstra wins two AIPM awards in the Northern Division – the 'Project of the Year' award and the Territory’s award for best 'Construction/ Engineering project with a total budget of less than $100m’ for the 'Broadbanding the Top End' project.
Media release: High Speed Broadband to Arnhem Land wins Major Award
Engineers Australia, Engineering Excellence Awards - Sydney Division
Telstra received both the best Project Management and best Infrastructure Project awards for the Endeavour (Sydney-Hawaii) cable project at the Engineers Australia Engineering Excellence Awards (Sydney Division).
Engineers Australia, Engineering Excellence Awards - Northern Division - Darwin, NT
Telstra is highly commended for their community engagement at the Engineers Australia, Engineering Excellence Awards, Northern Division, for the 'Broadbanding the Top End' project.
Communications Alliance and CommsDay Awards 2009 (ACOMM Awards)
- Telstra Enterprise & Government wins the Innovation for a Large Company Award
- Telstra Enterprise & Government shares the Commitment to Customer Services Award
- Telstra's Chief Technology Officer, Dr Hugh Bradlow, shares the Telecommunications Ambassador of the Year Award
ATUG 2009 Excellence Awards - Sydney, NSW
Telstra wins the Australian Telecommunications Users Group (ATUG) 2009 Excellence Award for 'Best Communications Initiative - Large Business' for the 'Broadbanding the Top End' project.
Media release: Telstra receives award for delivering high-speed broadband to Arnhem Land
"Program of The Year" at SkillSoft's annual customer event, Perspectives 2009
Telstra was awarded "Program of The Year" at SkillSoft's annual customer event, "Perspectives" for the Business Administration Certificate IV for Telstra Finance and Administration and Telstra Country Wide